Proper website design is more than just having a functional website. Your website is the online face of your company. It depicts your brand and personality.
If your website is lacking, so is your company’s online potential.
There are thousands of web design stats. But if you need some convincing, here are five of the most important.
5 Web Design Stats You’ll Want to Know.
1. More than 66% of people would rather look at a beautifully designed website versus one that is plain
Consumer expectations of the look and feel of your website are high. If your website is bland, you can’t expect visitors to stick around for too long.
So how can you make your company website more visually appealing? Consider these options.
- Focus on design and color. Your design should incorporate brand colors and logos. Be sure your design is catchy but not overly intricate.
- Use graphics. Graphics give your website a personalized feel. Incorporate graphics that visually explain your company.
- Be consistent. Your pages should flow together. Your website’s design should mesh from top to bottom.
2. 40% of website visitors will leave if the page takes more than 3 seconds to load
No one wants to stay on a website that takes forever to load. Slow page loads are frustrating for visitors.
Your page loads may be costing you business!
Does your website load in under 3 seconds? If not, now is the time to fix it. One fix may be to implement browser caching.
3. Almost half (47%) of website visitors look at the products/services page first
You may have an amazing home page. But how easy is it to navigate to other pages?
Your navigation should allow easy access to other pages on your site.
Most importantly, be sure your products/services page is at the forefront. This page should list what your company offers. Spruce up this page by using graphics.
4. Dark colors are better than light colors for higher traffic, page views, bounce rate, and average time on site
If dark colors fit into your company’s theme, use them! Of course, you don’t want your website to be too dark.
Use contrasting colors that include a variety of shades.
Unsure about which colors work best on the web? It may be ideal to work with a professional web design company.
5. 88% of visitors are unlikely to return to your website if they had a bad user experience
A company is more successful when it can attract new customers and keep them. Return business is a must!
You may have the best business around. But does your website add up?
If not, a redesign should be in the works.
Professional Web Design You Can Trust
Want to redesign your website but don’t know where to start? Ready to give your company the online presence it deserves?
At Latitude Park, we take the guessing out of web design.
You can count on our team to create you a beautiful website in record time. We know the importance of your company’s online presence.
Now is the time to redesign your company’s website! Contact us today to get started.